Carter Wayne is playing T Ball for the first time ever this Spring. Which also means that Rodney is coaching T Ball for the first time ever this Spring. Their team is the REDS and the looked so cute on Saturday. Carter Wayne got to hit the ball three times and run all the bases. That's three runs, but who's counting? He did pretty good in the outfield paying attention and hustling after the ball. He only had two meltdowns and they happened when someone got to the ball before him. So we chalk that up to a competitive spirit that will only push him to do his best on the field later. Did you see how I spun that? Really the hour flew by and I enjoyed the game. Rodney said he liked it better than soccer, too. Maybe we found our new sport. The main thing is that the kids had a good time and of course, got a snack at the end of the game. Sawyer was a trooper, he didn't like being in his stroller and the one time I let him down he ran out on the field. "Put me in, coach!" So I had to put him back in the stroller and he did NOT want his picture taken. After that episode I let him back out of the stroller and he did much better. He just wants to be where the action is. Fun times at the ball field. I wonder how many times in my life I am going to say that????
Thursday, April 14, 2011
First T Ball Game
Carter Wayne is playing T Ball for the first time ever this Spring. Which also means that Rodney is coaching T Ball for the first time ever this Spring. Their team is the REDS and the looked so cute on Saturday. Carter Wayne got to hit the ball three times and run all the bases. That's three runs, but who's counting? He did pretty good in the outfield paying attention and hustling after the ball. He only had two meltdowns and they happened when someone got to the ball before him. So we chalk that up to a competitive spirit that will only push him to do his best on the field later. Did you see how I spun that? Really the hour flew by and I enjoyed the game. Rodney said he liked it better than soccer, too. Maybe we found our new sport. The main thing is that the kids had a good time and of course, got a snack at the end of the game. Sawyer was a trooper, he didn't like being in his stroller and the one time I let him down he ran out on the field. "Put me in, coach!" So I had to put him back in the stroller and he did NOT want his picture taken. After that episode I let him back out of the stroller and he did much better. He just wants to be where the action is. Fun times at the ball field. I wonder how many times in my life I am going to say that????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment