Saturday, December 31, 2011

Surprise Birthday Party







I was not looking forward to turning 34. I mean what is even cool about that age? Nothing. This is out of character for me because I usually LOVE my birthday. A day all about me - I mean come on! But I just wasn't feeling it this year. I decided I was going to try to enjoy my birthday after my mom reminded me that my brother is turning 40 this year, so it could be worse. ;)We got a sitter and were going to meet Leslie and Brent at Abuelo's for dinner and I was excited. At the last minute Rodney said he had invited the Daspits.It was turning out to be a good day after all. We get to the restaurant and slowly some of my bestest friends start trickling in. It took me a minute to realize they were there for me. Rodney had invited all of them for a surprise birthday party with a cake and everything! I love that man! It was so fun and I felt so special. And I decided that I STILL like birthdays, even after all these years! Having such a sweet husband helped that new revelation as well. :)

No comments: