It was one for the History books! Not the fact that Rodney Greenfield paid a teenager 20 bucks to shovel our snow although that is history worthy. It was the fact that our little town got almost 20 inches of snow and got down to -16 degrees! Do we live in the south or not??? I really have never seen anything like it. We got to go to church Sunday and KDO on Monday which was a nice feeling of our old schedule. Monday afternoon I realized I hadn't been anywhere by myself for over a week! After dinner I headed to Wal-Mart to remedy that. I just got a book and some magazines - ok and some chocolate. Mostly I just wanted to prepare myself mentally for the storm ahead. They said it would be a big one but I don't think any of us believed how big! It really was beautiful Tuesday morning. It just kept coming down. Huge flakes and then fast like rain but it was snow. It did not stop till that afternoon and it had started at 3am that morning. I really do love the snow but I would not want to live where it happens all the time. Just amazing!
Friday, February 11, 2011
The Snow Storm of 2011
It was one for the History books! Not the fact that Rodney Greenfield paid a teenager 20 bucks to shovel our snow although that is history worthy. It was the fact that our little town got almost 20 inches of snow and got down to -16 degrees! Do we live in the south or not??? I really have never seen anything like it. We got to go to church Sunday and KDO on Monday which was a nice feeling of our old schedule. Monday afternoon I realized I hadn't been anywhere by myself for over a week! After dinner I headed to Wal-Mart to remedy that. I just got a book and some magazines - ok and some chocolate. Mostly I just wanted to prepare myself mentally for the storm ahead. They said it would be a big one but I don't think any of us believed how big! It really was beautiful Tuesday morning. It just kept coming down. Huge flakes and then fast like rain but it was snow. It did not stop till that afternoon and it had started at 3am that morning. I really do love the snow but I would not want to live where it happens all the time. Just amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think it was worth every bit of $20 to clean your sidewalk....
Post a Comment