On New Year's Day we headed over to my parents house to eat our black eyed peas, cabbage, and apple pie. It was delish! So now we are prepared for our lucky 2013! The boys wrestled their Paw Paw for awhile and we headed home. Just my kind of day. I am very excited for the year ahead. 2012 was full of ups and downs. Some very high highs and very low lows. I learned a lot! I learned about God's discipline and how He loves me too much to leave me drowning in my sin. But He also loves me too much to give me an easy way out. God made me face a lot of my "pet sins" this year and showed me that comparing myself to others isn't a tool to feel better about my own sin. My standard is Christ and his holiness. That is my comparison. And thankfully in that lesson He showed me an overwhelming amount of His grace and unconditional love- I cry just thinking about it. His power and forgiveness through the cross is there for a reason- because we desperately need it, daily. He reminded me of the precious gift He has given me in Rodney and our family. I can't express how blessed I am to have a husband that loves God, me and our boys with all of his heart. I often have to pinch myself that God gave me the very husband I asked for, plus everything I didn't even think to ask for! I also learned that God is still the God of miracles! From my parents moving here to the adoption of Peter - God kept reminding me "nothing is impossible with Me." He showed me how very perfect His timing is and how the hard roads we walked before have led to this complete bliss I feel in the adoption of Peter. I am so open to 2013 and all it may bring, praying that each event - good or bad- brings me closer to my sweet Heavenly Father. I am working on some posts now about our trip and our journey to Peter. I just had to get the blog caught up to present day first! So hopefully that will be the last of my marathon posts! ;-) but knowing me, it probably won't. Happy 2013!





No comments:
Post a Comment