Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Resting in Jesus without the Rest

I had the best weekend! I was honored to be asked to come and speak at Immanuel Baptist Church this Friday night for their very first women's night of prayer. Ramona and Holly - two of my favorites- planned the event and I loved the whole idea of it all. It started at 11:30pm and ended at 6am. There were 4 speakers throughout the night, 4 prayer stations to go to, praise and worship and amazing food! We were fasting from sleep, not food. ;-) They had 50 to 70 women there- all sacrificing their sleep to pray! Love it!
I left Bentonville that morning so that I could meet up with my accountability partner for life- Lynne! I got to tour the new preschool she helped build and now runs. It is amazing. I am so proud of her. I also got to see Jennifer W. who works there as well. Old friends always bring a smile to my face! Lynne and I got to go out to eat and catch up on life. I love a friend that you walk away from feeling refreshed and closer to The Lord because of your time together.
Because of our late start time I also got to go to dinner with the Geurins and the Vaughns. I didn't eat at both. ;-) loved catching up with these sweet families. The prayer night was amazing! I learned so much and came away with a renewed commitment to my prayer life- especially with my children. I was blessed by getting to share our prayer journey to Peter as well as spending some alone time praying for my precious friends. There is power in prayer and I felt it all night! I also got to hear about some amazing things God is doing in the lives of many friends - including adoption. Again, God is moving! Thank you to Holly and Ramona for inviting me. I love the beautiful painting Wendy did below that they gave me as a gift. So blessed!













No comments: