Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year's Eve



New Year's Eve my parents kept the kids for the weekend! It was so nice. That night we went to the annual Lampkin Party and it was amazing. Ms. Helen cooks food like you wouldn't believe. We were without kids so we were party hopping - we felt so free! We also met up with our friends the Vannamans and get this - went to a 9:50pm movie. I know, wild, right? We even drove by the square and got out. No one was dropping a ball there - but we took some pics anyway. Rodney and I watched movies at home and didn't got to bed till 3am! We slept in the next day and then took down all our Christmas stuff. We cleaned the whole house and rearranged furniture in almost every room. Sunday I slept in and Rodney went to pick up the boys. He hadn't seen them in a week! They ate at Cracker Barrel and CW had to be in his lap and Sawyer made him feed him. They missed their daddy, big time. We had a low key evening getting ready to start back our regular schedules. It was so nice to start the year with a clean slate. Thank goodness God's mercies are new every morning and not just every year! My New Year's Resolution is to stop being late all the time. I hate what it says about me. I know I have two little ones and that makes it hard to get places, but I am often late because I don't want to get up early. The problem is when we are late it stresses me out and I take it out on my family. I don't want the boys to have the memory that their mom was a total meanie in the morning. I am really praying about this resolution and I know God will help me. He cares about even the little things. Happy New Year!

No comments: