Monday, August 22, 2011

Night Night



It is a phrase I hear every night and I never give in. That is just something you don't want to start. But, Carter Wayne caught me at a weak moment the weekend before he started going to school 5 days a week. I mean that is Big boy stuff and I just wanted to say yes this one time. So Rodney and I told him he could sleep in our bed Friday night but he couldn't tell Sawyer. What was the first thing that little rascal did? Tell Sawyer. So after baths Sawyer crawls his little self into our bed and announces "I sleep in momma's bed. I sleep in daddy's bed." Oh man! So we all lay down and watch some Nick Jr. show and the boys start to get quiet. (We planned to put Sawyer in his bed when he fell asleep). I guess Sawyer knew this because he started talking non-stop. Anything to stay awake I guess. Even Carter Wayne told him to be quiet. It became quite obvious that this little fella was not going to fall asleep. So we made a big production of putting both boys in their beds. Then later we let Carter Wayne come back and sleep in our bed as we promised. Some day when Sawyer reads this he is not going to be happy. :) Well, the weekend before he goes to 5 day pre-K I will let him sleep in our bed, too. That is a promise.

No comments: