Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mountain View Vacation





















We took an end of the summer short vacation. My dad had wanted all of us to go to Mt. View where he grew up. My brother and I had not been in years with my parents and neither had our kids. Dad got us some great cabins and we met there Friday. Some of my family from Mississippi even came. That first day we met up with my cousin and her kids for supper. It is always great to see them! Then we headed out to my Granny's old house. My uncle John still owns it and rents it our so we didn't go in, but just walked the grounds. It was really emotional for me. I had such an amazing Granny and have so many wonderful memories of going to visit her. I just wish she could see me married and with kids of my own. Also being there with my brother and hearing how he remembered things was fun too. We are so different, but seem to grow closer the older we get. I like that. It is also so fun to hear stories of my dad growing up. He is the youngest of 7 and his Dad was the town bootlegger. So you know he has some stories. The kids loved seeing the barn and house and hearing some of dad's stories. I think it was my favorite part of the trip!

No comments: